Diet Power – DNA Testing
What if I told you that your DNA tells you not only the most ideal foods for you but also how well you utilize the food you are eating?
Diet DNA testing is a great diet management tool:
- Carbohydrates – Your bodies ability to process carbs
- Cholesterol – How well you regulate HDL and LDL
- Fat – Both dietary and stored fats. This tells you how well you metabolize the fats you consume in your diet, along with how well you burn stored fat. This test also looks at how well you metabolize monounsaturated fats and saturated fats. Great for those of you on a keto/ HFLC style diet.
- Protein- How well your body uses protein
- Insulin – Your ability to regulate blood sugar, this is a fantastic indicator of a precursor to certain disease as we age.
- BMI – Body mass index, your bodies ability to regulate body mass
- Alcohol – Wouldn’t you like to know exactly how well your body tolerates alcohol?
- Caffeine – Some of us do not process caffeine as well as others, for those on the bulletproof coffee train you may want to have an idea of you are one of those who does not.
- Gluten – Do you digest gluten properly? Let’s find out.
- Lactose – Some have a hard time digesting lactose from dairy effectively, knowing is half the battle.
- Salt – How well does your body tolerate salt? Do you metabolize it effectively?
- Sugar Cravings – ok so you don’t need a test to tell you that you have sugar cravings, but what about knowing it’s in your DNA to have difficulty resisting sugar cravings and that sweet tooth comes naturally?
- Preferences – Your body has a preference as to how much caffeine it likes and so do your taste buds. Same goes for carbohydrates, fat, protein, salt, sweet, and bitter taste. Find out your bodies natural preferences so you can use them to work for you not against you. This goes for smoking behaviour as well. (we test it all) This will also show your bodies ability to sense/taste the above listed particular flavour profiles.
- Vitamin absorption! How well do you process your nutrients?
We test for proper absorption of the following:
- vitamin A – for healthy growth and immune response
- B6- for micronutrient absorption
- B9 (folate) – this includes methylation issues, folate is required for cell growth, and healthy red blood cells.
- B12 – Healthy nerves and blood cells
- Vitamin C – For your adrenals, growth and development
- Vitamin D – calcium absorption, immune system function, hormones and cell growth
- Vitamin E – anti-oxidant and anti-aging benefits
- Calcium – how well are you absorbing calcium for bone, hair and nail health
- Iodine – How well your body transports iodine to support healthy thyroid function
- Iron – how well your body regulates iron for red blood cells to carry oxygen
- Omega 3- Your ability to process Omega 3’s for metabolism, brain health and reducing disease
- Omega 6 – Your bodies ability to process Omega 6’s for inflammation and cell repair